Cherry Parker's New Kiwi Cross Stitch
Spiral-bound booklet with 22 previously unpublished New Zealand designs.
- 10cms square letters ‘N’ and ‘Z’ containing nikau palm, kiwi, All Black jersey, silver fern, sheep, pukeko, kowhai flax, toi toi grass, plastic tomato sauce container, paua shell and more.
- Mountains to the sea scene.
- A row of classic kiwi baches.
- All things summery – pohutukawa tree, jandals, BBQs, summer fruit and bare feet.
- Tui, penguins, native pigeon and kingfisher
- Koru and Nikau stitched on fabric easily coloured with ink
- Ponga fern biscornu pincushion stitched using variegated thread, including detailed coloured photographs for construction.
- 2 Pacific designs of fruit, fans, flax, a kava bowl and 'ulafala’ – the ceremonial necklace.
- Quintessential caravan at the beach.
First printing: 2019